LIFE IN GOD' LOVE
LIFE-IN-GODS-LOVE-ABS.pdf (Printable format Click to open)
Living In The Guilt-Free Zone
Is it possible to relate to God, our loving Heavenly Father, in a realm where there is no guilt or inferiority? Will sin consciousness always come between us?
Since the Garden of Eden, because of guilt and sin-consciousness we hide from God. In our hearts we are aware of our sinfulness and inability to stand in God's presence. This can cause us to ignore, run from or deny God. "Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden." (Gen. 3.8)
God Our Heavenly Father yearns to have close relationship with us and to restore us to be at home in His presence.
How can we humans live in such a dimension? It would be impossible if it were based on OUR performance. However, God has made a way to bring us back into His family. As prophesied by Isaiah (many years before Yeshua was born) the Father sent His Son to take upon Himself all the sin of the Adam man. (Isa. 53) Thus by His death and blood His infinite justice is satisfied by His infinite mercy.
Though there is no difference between the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament the RELATIONSHIP we can NOW have with Almighty God, Our Heavenly Father, after the Cross is totally different. Believers who put their faith in the FACT that God, their Heavenly Father, has successfully laid their sins and guilt on Jesus can enter into a completely NEW relationship with God the Father.
This intimate relationship was not available before the Cross, because, the sin consciousness and guilt, of the Adam man stood in the way. Since the Cross however, we can have a relationship with God our Father that is not shadowed by layers of guilt.
"Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a NEW AND LIVING WAY which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water." (Heb. 10.19-22)
Though millions have received forgiveness through faith in God's work in Jesus, our Sin-Bearer, not many have fully laid hold of the dimension of living in God's presence without guilt, fear, inferiority or sense of unworthiness.
Jesus, God’s eternal only Begotten Son, enjoyed this relationship from all eternity. Adam partially enjoyed it, until he walked away from it. (Genesis 3)
Why then do so many believers still remain bound by sin consciousness, guilt, inferiority, fear and sense of unworthiness?
1) They regress from putting their faith in the complete and finished work of the Cross of Jesus, to putting their faith in their own performance or goodness. They get their eyes off the GIFT of righteousness that God gives them through Jesus and instead look at the imperfection of their own selves. "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?" (Gal. 3.1-3)
2) They fail to renew their minds or shake off the guilt and inferiority of their past adamic life. This is done by cancelling agreement with all lies and by renewing their minds with the word of God. (Rm. 12.1, 2 Co. 10.3-5)
3) They do not know how to resist the Accuser, who accuses them night and day by pointing out their inadequacies. (Rev. 12.10-11)
4) They do not continue to hold fast their faith in the FACT that Jesus has done more that enough. "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." (Hebrews 10.23)
Not Many believers steadfastly remain in the joy of their sonship. It is usually not too long before someone tries to talk them out of it by telling them they have not done enough, or they need to receive another touch from God. They may be told that they cannot enjoy this relationship until they get to some illusive far off place of spiritual maturity.
Yet Jesus invites us ALL to live in this place of total acceptance “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love." He encourages us to make our home and resting place in His love and in His father's love. Welcome to your new home!
THE PRODIGAL SON & THE LOVING FATHER
The parable of the Prodigal Son shows that the fullest relationship with Our Loving Heavenly Father can be received the moment we return. He wants ALL His children to live confidently in the love of their Heavenly Father without guilt, fear, sense of unworthiness, or inferiority.
When the Prodigal Son came home, he received FULL acceptance. He was showered with love. This love was certainly not based on his past performance. It was based entirely on his father’s love. His father removed the son’s filthy rags and adorned him in clothing of dignity and gave him a ring of authority.
The elder brother, on the other hand, lived in the father's house but his life there had become dutiful and joyless. He did not have enough boldness to enjoy his father’s love. He felt he had to wait until he had done more work or accomplished more. He failed to realize that relationship with his father was not based on his performance.
It is now time for all prodigals to come home to their Heavenly Father - not only to forgiveness - but also to a first class relationship in the glory of the Father's love and care. It is also time for the elder brothers to come in from the drudgery of mere service and religion to receive and enjoy the continual, unearned love of our amazing Father God.
LIVING IN OUR NEW HOME
We now see we do nothing to earn this amazing new, guilt free relationship of intimacy with God our Heavenly Father. He has done it all. We simply put our faith in what He has done for us in Yeshua. This is the "REST" that Paul speaks about in Hebrews Chapter 4.
"Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it." (Heb. 4.1-2)
Later, in the same letter, he says we who have entered this "REST" and have returned home are to prepare to "RUN" with God i.e. to cooperate with Him. To do this we continually shake off
• habits of sin,
• negative thinking (including guilt, inferiority, unworthiness, regret).
• We also shake off worldly and past entanglements. These keep us from enjoying our new position with God our Father, from MANIFESTING OUR NEW NATURE. and entering into the unique set of works He has for each of us
"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us RUN with endurance the race that is set before us" (Heb. 12.1)
DON'T CONFUSE "REST" & "RUN"
It is VITAL that we do not confuse "rest" and "run". Note the order. The rest comes FIRST and the running comes later. This is the ONLY way to live a victorious Christian life.
To live this way we have to live in complete dependence on His strength This is why he sends us the HELPER - the Holy Spirit.
"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever." (John 14.16)
Even the running is done only with God's help. "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Phil 2.12)
We need only to hear, obey and yield to Him When we do this, we discover the love, joy peace and provision of the Kingdom of God. May we enter this REST by faith and RUN in the (unique and varied) works He has assigned to each of us.